Secuyou Smart Locks can withstand a lot of brute force (100N/m) making them compliant with Swedish standards for garden doors (we don’t have such standards in Denmark). This means, a burglar would have to apply an insane amount of force to pry the lock open.
Most burglars will instead look for an easier way in. Breaking a window will always be one of the easiest ways in. But it also makes a lot of noise and risks alerting neighbors who can then stop the burglary. So a clever burglar might simply try the code for the door …
This is where the brilliant time-out system in a Secuyou Smart Lock comes in.
The code that connects your app to your smart lock consists of five digits, which brings the number of possible digit combinations to 100.000. If a burglar would patiently try every one of these possible combinations, this is what happens at each failed attempt:
- The lock disables Bluetooth for 20 seconds
- The lock disables Bluetooth for 60 seconds
- The lock disables Bluetooth for 120 seconds
- Between the fourth and 14th wrong attempt, the time-out increases
- The 14th wrong code entry disables Bluetooth for at least 72 hours
As you’ve probably gathered by now, Secuyou Smart Locks are a solid and smart way to secure your home.